Friday, April 20, 2012

What is the difference between a NVIDIA GTX580 and an EVGA GTX580 Graphics card?

I'm looking at building a new PC and decided I wanted to get a NVIDIA GTX580 GPU. Then I went to look for one to buy, and now I'm seeing all these different brands making a GTX580, but not NVIDIA. Firstly, does NVIDIA actually make a GTX580, not just design it? Because no matter where I look, I can only find other branded cards, like EVGA or ASUS etc. Is there a NVIDIA brand GTX580, or are they just all manufactured by different companies? Or does NVIDIA make the card and then send them out to other companies who just change them a bit and call them there own? I have been on different pc websites (PCCG etc.) and when i go to look at the GPU's they sell, I click on NVIDIA, then it comes up with all these GTX580's made by ASUS or EVGA and no NVIDIA ones, so my best guess is that other companies just make the NVIDIA design (but when I click on the card to see the specs of it, i see it's made by ASUS or ASUS brand, but I see the NVIDIA brand emblem and the GeForce emblem on the webpage to, next to the ASUS brand emblem). However, are these cards technically called a NVIDIA card, or just a GTX580 design? Do they all have a NVIDIA chip or something, and are they all technically NVIDIA GPU's but just with some other stuff from other companies? And finally, if I get an EVGA card, will I be able to use the NVIDIA drivers off the NVIDIA website, and will it be read as a NVIDIA card in my computer specs? thanks.|||NVIDIA makes the card. Then brands like EVGA, ASUS, etc. sells it.



The only difference I see is that EVGA sells video cards at stock speed, and an overclocked version, which other companies do too.



All of those cards are technically NVIDIA's, it's just that a different company is selling it.

So yes they are NVIDIA GPUs, but with other stuff from other companies.

No matter what company you get it from, it will still use the drivers of the NVIDIA website, as it's an NVIDIA card.|||nVIDIA MANUFACTURERS THE gpu AND THE OTHER COMPANIES SUPPLY THE BODY. Oops caps lock. I prefer those manufactured by EVGA. because of their quality products and lifetime warranty in respect to their AR and A1 model numbers. I purchased the

EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Classified 1280 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/HDMI/Display Port SLI Ready Limited Lifetime Warranty Graphics Card, 012-P3-1578-AR

See the AR at the end? I made sure I bought one with that on the end. Long as I register within 30 days and upload a copy of my invoice I am covered. I registered within 2 HOURS of having the card installed so um yeah I am covered. I just did a screen capture of my invoice over at Amazon, called EVGA to confirm that I was registered and my invoice screen capture was a valid way of registering and they said it was all good. I also received 3dMark for free for which I needed to make sure I had a valid invoice already uploaded. The request was approved so my invoice must be good. The bottom line is that at the heart of the geforce/GTX cards there is a Nvidia chip/GPU and at the heart of a ATI HD series card there is an ATI/AMD chip/GPU.|||nVidia makes the actual graphics chip, and different manufacturers such as EVGA are free to change the design, the heatsink, the ports on the card, but the graphics chip is the same across all brands.



You can download nVidia drivers regardless of who manufactured the card, as long as the graphics chip is made by nVidia.

No comments:

Post a Comment