Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can a G31tm-P21 motherboard support a Nvidia GTX580?

I currently have a 9800gt in my pc and it works pretty well in my mobo.My mobo is pci-e 1 and I wanted to know if it would provide enough support for a gtx580. This is regardless of psu,cpu.I just want to know if the mobo can support it.|||According to MSI Website

http://us.msi.com/index.php?func=prodmbs…



It's supported However I'm thinking it's going to have limited impact... I'm thinking Maybe a 20% increase in frame rate.

That board has low End DDR2 800 thats a huge bottleneck on the whole of the computer.



If i was you I'd Personally Purchase a New Board + New Ram DDR3 1033 + the Nvidia 460 SE (150$)

and you would still have money left.... the GTX 580's start at 460$|||Yes.... It's not the amount it's the Speed of the Ram... that Ram DDR2 800 is almost 7 years old

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment